“Facebook subsidiary and Libra wallet provider Calibra has now been rebranded to Novi – a portmanteau of the Latin root words, “novus” meaning new and “via” meaning way.
The digital wallet will operate as a standalone app, as well as providing interoperability with Facebook’s social messaging apps Messenger and WhatsApp.
Aimed to make sending funds to friends or family as “easy as sending a message,” transactions with Novi will arrive instantly, according to the announcement, and will contain no “hidden charges.” Novi didn’t offer any detail on what any standard transaction fees might be.
All Novi customers will need to be verified using government-issued ID.“
“Announced Tuesday, the genesis block of the blockchain-of-blockchains has been mined.
‘This first stage of Polkadot CC1 provides two key things: Claims & attestation and staking.‘ In other words, Polkadot’s governance parameters are being walked out for the first time with limited functionality.
Polkadot will first launch under a Proof-of-Authority (PoA) consensus algorithm controlled by the Web3 Foundation. Polkadot will then transition to a PoS consensus algorithm with disbursements of the network’s DOT token.”
- “If you run vetted validator software, you likely won’t have to worry about being “slashed”. The kind of behavior that is slashable requires making modifications to stock software or running multiple validator clients at the same time with the same keys.
- Rewards and penalties are accounted for every epoch (~6 minutes).
- You don’t need to have perfect uptime to earn a profit. As long as your validator is online more than 2/3 of the time, you will still turn a profit.
- You may stop validating once active.
- You can’t re-join once you exit.
- All funds put into staking will be locked up at the protocol level until at least Phase 1 of the Eth2 rollout.”
“The new SE chip is certified with Common Criteria (CC) EAL 6+ security standard, which is used in applications with the most rigorous security requirements, namely e-passports and cryptocurrency hardware wallets. It can thereby be used in any mobile device, and will work independently from the device’s main processor.
Notably, the announcement mentions cryptocurrency transactions as one of the primary purposes of the S3FV9RR chip, which is expected to be available in Q3 2020.
We expect our connected devices to be highly secure so as to protect personal data and enable fintech activities such as mobile banking, stock trading and cryptocurrency transactions.”
“The API provides greater integration of the firm’s block trading facility, a service for spot and futures market crypto traders looking to strike private, high-volume deals.
The REST API creates a ‘workflow that is familiar to capital markets professionals. We are removing the friction and risks associated with OTC based workflows.'”
“Based in San Francisco, Bitwage wants to integrate cryptocurrencies into everyday life. Company clients can use Bitwage to offer their employees the option to have their wages paid in crypto.
Our vision includes integrating the Gemini trading engine directly inside of the 401(k) Plan so institutional as well as retail investors have access to the same Gemini trading tools inside of tax-incentivized retirement accounts.”